“We believe every student can achieve their potential.”
Making a Positive Difference
Mortimer Community College believes in excellence for all. All members of Mortimer Community are entitled to work in an environment where there is respect for one another, learning is valued and there is access to the opportunities necessary to fulfil potential.
Success and effort is valued and celebrated.
Mortimer believes that every student is entitled to:
• Have the opportunities necessary to thrive and succeed
• Learn in an environment that is calm, supportive and caring
• Have a curriculum that meets their needs
• Develop as an independent learner
• Celebrate and enjoy their successes
• Have access to ‘leading edge’ technology
• Have the opportunity to join in activities that happen outside of the regular college day
Education is a partnership between schools, children and their parents
GCSE product design students have produced an array of lamps which they have designed and built as part of their coursework. Their work is showcased here:
Some recent work produced by students studying GCSE art.
Year 11 students experienced afternoon tea at the Hilton as part of their GCSE Catering coursework. They had the chance to find out about presentation and portion control required for an afternoon tea.